Thursday, June 18

Rain, Rain Go Away!

Since I'm just learning this blogging thing, you'll notice that the following post was first posted as a comment to Steve's post. We learn from our mistakes, and now I've learned that posting is different from commenting. Just bear with me everyone.

Thinking it couldn't possibly rain again, I left my windows open last night before going to sleep. I slept great (with it raining and all) but had to dry the mini puddles in my bedroom and living room when I awoke. I've missed a lot of shooting days this month because of the rain. The rain this June has been unlike any that I can remember. Last year in early June we had a four day heatwave with temps in the upper 90's (with one day hitting 100) and people losing power in some neighborhoods. The high temp for this June has been 82 degrees. There are great shots to be had in the rain so instead of hoping that it stops raining, today I'll head over to B&H and buy the Ewa-Marine C-35 Economy Photo Rain Cape for my D90. It only $20 and has gotten good reviews. (I just hope they still have it in stock as it must be selling like hot cakes)

CHECK OUT GEAR HERE

The problem with any rain cover however is that you still need to leave the front of the lens exposed but I can deal with that.

Anyway, this is my first post (the second on this blog, Stevie beat me to that one). These posts will become more cheerful as the weather improves.

BTW, here's an excerpt from yesterday's NY Times:

Where were you on Sunday, June 7, at 2:08 p.m.?

Well, if you were not outside, you probably failed to take note of “The Minute It Actually Felt Like June.”

It reached 82 degrees in Central Park at that moment on that day, well below the record high of 96 degrees for any day in the month, but warm enough to qualify as the highest temperature recorded this month, meteorologists said.

As the official start of summer beckons on Sunday, the stretch of Seattle-like weather has been a dampening experience for people who live in New York, as well as for businesses that depend on more seasonable weather.

Full Article: HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment